Welcome to the documentation for Avalonia, a cross-platform .NET framework for building beautiful, modern graphical user interfaces (GUIs). With Avalonia, you can create native applications for Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android, and WebAssembly, all from a single codebase.
Supported .NET Versions
Avalonia is compatible with all platforms that support .NET Standard 2.0. You can find more information on .NET Standard versions here.
Avalonia has official support for the following platforms:
- Windows 8 and higher (although it does work on Windows 7 as well)
- macOS High Sierra 10.13 and higher
On Linux, Avalonia is supported on the following distributions:
- Debian 9 (Stretch) and higher
- Ubuntu 16.04 and higher
- Fedora 30 and higher
Supported Development Environments
Avalonia has excellent support for XAML development with IntelliSense in the following environments:
- Visual Studio 2017 and higher, including the Avalonia Visual Designer
- JetBrains Rider 2020.3 and higher
In addition to community support, we offer a range of commercial support plans that provide priority assistance from the core contributors. You can learn more about these plans on our website.