- Create a branch named
release/0.10.2for example. This branch should be level with the
mastercommit that the release will be based on.
- Update the version number in the file
- Push the release branch.
If this is the first release of a major version change, i.e.
0.10.0or the point at which breaking changes will start to be merged to
masterthen before continuing we need to create a
stable/0.10.xbranch. This should be level with
masterat the same point that the
release/0.10.2branched off from
The git tree should now look like this:
- Now login at
dev.azure.comto access the azure pipelines. Wait for the CI to finish the build.
- The package for
0.10.2should now be on the
avalonia-allnuget feed. You should run a due diligence test on this build to ensure you are happy with the release and the packages work.
- Now click on "Releases" and select "Avalonia (master / release)" pipeline as shown below.
- On the release for your release branch
release/0.10.2click on the badge for "Nuget Release"
- Then click on
- Make a release on Github releases, this will set a tag named:
0.10.2for you. You can add release notes here.
- Update the dotnet templates and visual studio plugin templates
- Announce on gitter, twitter, etc